Everything you always wanted to know about Sam:
1.What music are you listening to recently?
Lots of Scandinavian metal. My comfort food includes The Darkness, Soilwork, Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Omnium Gatherum and Mastodon among others. But it could be Miles, too.
2. How did you get started playing music?
Awkwardly at age 12. My mother decided I needed to learn an instrument. After failing to be impressed with my piano teacher I decided on guitar, and I’ve been spiraling downward ever since.
3. What’s one of the coolest gigs you’ve played? and/or what’s one of the worst?
Probably something with Maggie Speaks, and probably something with Maggie Speaks.
4. Famous people you’ve met or played with?
Toured with Keanu. That was easy.
5. If you weren’t in the band, what would you be doing?
Be standing at the back of the room watching, going “well, I can do *that*… hey, my drink is empty”.
6. What did you want to be “when you grew up”, when you were a kid?
A fighter pilot. That really worked out awesome.
7. What’s different about performing in MS/S4/FS compared to other bands you’ve been in?
The rather relentless schedule. 150+ shows a year is more than most bands.
8. What’s a fact that surprises people about you?
My law degree. And pretty much the rest of my story
9. What is something you want people to know about you?
I’m always trying.
10. Do you play other instruments?
Depends on your definition of “play”.
11. How long have you been with MS/FS/S4?
Off and on since 2004. They’ve shown me the world! Or at least, like, some suburbs. Plus central Illinois. Oh, and De Kalb.
What else would you like to know about Sam?